Monday, February 22, 2010

Cats in Japan - Cat Cafe

A Cat Cafe is a theme cafe, where you can actually play with kitties, over drinking tasty coffee or even have real meals.
I guess this sort of cafes are quite popular in Tokyo area, because many apartments are not allowed to have pets, and also simply, cats can provide you relaxing companionship for those have very busy stressful days and lonely urban life.

I've been always curious about cat cafes, and I went to the one called "Neko no Te"(Kitty's Paw in Japanese) today, finally!!


As soon as I walked into the cafe, a pretty kitty in pink dress welcomed me :)

"Hello, kitties!!!"

A cover fee was about $12 for 90min, a coffee and small snacks were included for this fee.
I thought 90min would be plenty time for me to play and watch kitties, but it went very quick!!!!!

Amanda like classic tabby kitty- Very playful and energetic!

This kitty was my most favorite one, she was very gentle, and I especially liked her beautiful black nose, and how she curled up her tail around her paws :)


A munchkin kitty - Wow, short legs!!
I really enjoyed this cafe....
Not just only being able to play with furry kitties, but also the fact that this cafe(or most of cat cafes) also seek to raise awareness of cat welfare issues, such like, they organize cat adoptions periodically for unwanted, abandoned and stray cats.


Hoshi



10 comments:

  1. More beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing!
    purrs
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful place! It is sad some cannot have a pet, they must be lonely.
    Beautiful kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like the idea of the cat cafe. We wonder if something like that would work in the USA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Cat Cafe like this makes you feel at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! I dont think 90 minutes would be enough for me either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looked like fun - so sad that they are not allowed to have pets in their homes. But at least these cats provide a nice service!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a fun concept. I've never heard of such a thing but it sounds wonderful. I'm glad they also do awareness. Also, who can resist a kitty in a pink dress?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Our mom says she wishes there were cat cafes around here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw something about cats cafe's in Japan on TV once. I think it is such a wonderful idea. I am so glad you went to one. Anything that raises awareness and arranges adoptiions is a good thing.
    Iris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me!!
Your comments always make us happy and purrr.

Hoshi and Amanda