Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cats on Tuesday - My New Welcoming Cats Collection

While my stay in Japan, I bought few welcoming cats(Maneki-Neko) in addition to my collection :)

This small "round" kitty is designed so that its weight causes it to return to an upright position if it is knocked over. This is one of a Japanese traditional doll called "Okiagari-koboshi", which is considered a good-luck charm and a symbol of perseverance and resilience.


I purchased this blue porcelain kitty from "Mie" the Poster Kitty, when I was visiting to the one of lovely shrine in Tokyo. It's quite small one, about 3" tall, but I love this color and I think this kitty is quite pretty :)


I found these couple kitties at an online store.
I actually found the bowing style cat which just look like these couple, and I always wanted to add the traditional style to my collection.


Sure... Amanda is my Oscar winning "welcoming cat" :)
No kitties could beat Amanda...

purr me?

Have a happy Tuesday, my friends!!

Hoshi






CATS ON TUESDAY!


For more Cats on Tuesday, Please visit to Gattina.



14 comments:

  1. They are some wonderful additions to your collection!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable collection! I think it's wonderful for a good luck!
    Beautiful post,
    Happy Tuesday,
    purrs
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice collection. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the collection you brought home with you but of course Amanda is prettiest of all and was already there for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice additions to your collection. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are cute little kitties. I'll bet Amanda is still smiling because you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are so cute! but yes of course amanda is the best one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for this time of year:) That rolly polly cat is cool, of course NOTHING is as cool as the REAL thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The welcoming cats are adorable but your right the real cat Amanda is best! :) (smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great little kitties. Especially the ones that roll back to upright if they are tipped over. Cats tend to tip over stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh they are all so cute and wonderful! And Amanda is beautiful in her picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda is the most purrfect welcome cat you could ever want.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The welcoming cats you brought home from your trip are really cute but I would have to agree Amanda is the very best.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me!!
Your comments always make us happy and purrr.

Hoshi and Amanda